Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Posting.

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. I was in Zurich, which was amazingly beautiful, and and Stuttgart visiting friends for about a week. That was nice. I almost forgot how much Germany lives for me. It's kind sick. I would have to say that the begging of a threesome from this german/Italian couple at Lauras club topped all propositions I received from the week. I finally arrived on 25.8 to Milan via train. The ride was beautiful, especially from Zurich to Milano. The Alps were pretty amazing. Things have gone quite smoothly here in Milan. My apartment is a cute one-bedroom in the northern part of the city. I will be posting pics of the place soon. I was greeted at the Milan Central Station from my friend Freddy who has helped me get the place where I currently stay. Thursday he gave me a tour of the city where we went to il Duomo and Montenapoleone (the high fashion district), his office (he owns his own company PR and Fashion company), a castle, and my school. On Friday I went back to the school to officially register and get my laptop serviced. The weather has been quite hot and I am loving. The only thing hotter has been the men. iGAG at least 50 times a day looking at these men. Its a mess. I will get my picture taking on in the near future and show how these men are dressing. I have already scoped the cute shops and will be frequenting them in the near future. I am getting a phone today and must get a sim card for a number. Friday and Saturday I met up with a Bosnian friend of mine by the name of Vedran He is really nice and I have met quite a few people through him as he has been "that foreigner" in the gay scene here in Milan so many people know him. He has also given me the 411 on how Milan is and how the scene is. I've been very thankful for how nice people have thus far. I know it could have been a horrible transition but through the kindness of friends and normal people, I have been able to settle in nicely. Today is Sunday and I have gone to this arab swapmeet at the edge of town where many cheap things are sold. I got a shaver and an iron. I will go out tonight (to a club) for the first time. It is calle Il Borgo and apparently there is lots of dancing and RnB is played. Totally excited about it! Oh yeah, on Friday I met up with the Director of Student Relations at SDA Bocconi and he knew who I was when I walked through the door, without me having to say a word! He said, " I've been dying to meet you since we have been in contact for about two years now". Yes, I emailed him whil I was applying to business schools because I knew this was what I wanted to to do and what I was destined to be. I will be taking half of my classes at the Masters in Fashion Experience and Design (MAFED) program and the other half in the MBA program. I have a meeting with the Director of the MAFED program because they have already set me up with fashion internship interviews, which was unexpected but completely exciting. I imagined myself here like 3-4 years ago and it is crazy that it has happened.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on following your dreams. Love the blog name. NY is not the same without you. I cannot wait to read more about your adventurous in Milano. I'm glad you had a good time in Germany. I can't wait to go there. Have a good time at the clubs and report back all the juicy details. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work it all girl. I miss you like crazy but am so proud of you making the dream come true. I am going to do my best to make a visit to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember talking about this while getting tea!!

    I'm so proud of you for making things happen in your life. You deserve all the good that has happened and that will be coming your way...

    Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete