Wednesday, December 16, 2009

OMG,First Day on the TF Collection!

Hey Guys,
-The Ride
The train was very straight forward. I got to Central Station at 800am and got the train at 815, which got into Novara at 855. The ride was relaxing and woke me up. It gave me the opportunity to get my Italian read on with New Moon. (That Bella is a mess right now in the book). Anyway I took a taxi to the Zegna location, which was about 8-10 minutes away. The taxi driver thought I was a model (of course I gagged). I always get this, you guys can even ask Allegra. When were in Venice they thought I was a model as well, since I was tall, skinny, and beautiful. I gag when men (Italian men, at that) tell me that.

-The Entrance
I was a tad nervous when I pulled up to building since it was well before 10am, the arranged meeting time for me and the General Product Manager Luca F.. The group was great though and showed me to my desk and bought me a coffee and chatted a bit. It was really funny because I forgot how nosy Italians are. Everyone in the office was apparently dying to know who I was. Oh yeah, I was giving ovah dark chinzed blue suit with amazing shoes, and trimmed beard. It was the cuteness.

For all my gays out there, the gay count in the office was about 3, including my ‘company tutor’ or mentor. Well, I saw a book on his shelf that said Gay Elegins, or something like that. I wrote him off as gay gay gay. Is that wrong?

-The Fitting
The most interesting thing I did today was participate in a fitting for these white pants. The fit model was EVERYTHING. He gave twin of Raoul Bova and you all know what I did… GAGGED! I gave him no life though, even when he was trying to speak English with me or talk to me about New York. He was dying for attention toward the end of his day. Gorgeous men are so easy (to get)!

-The Conversation
Toward the end of the day, I got the chance to sit down with Luca F. and talk about what I would be doing and if there were any special projects he wanted me to do. Toward the middle of the conversation he said that he would prefer to have me for 6 months and keep me on for the new spring/summer campaign so that I can see how a collection is made from beginning to end. It had me thinking. Should I do it and finish Columbia Business School in December? He also said that I could always come back in September do the Fall/Winter campaign although I don’t know if I’m too excited about that option as much. What do you guys think?

Also BTW, the Career Services Director at SDA Bocconi sent my resume to LVMH Italia and they contacted me same day (yesterday). They want to interview me in January, so I also have that to look forward to!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment