Thursday, September 10, 2009

End of Second Week

Hey Guys. Sorry about not writing earlier. This week is was difficult because school wasn’t new anymore and the ability to wake up at 630 became increasingly difficult. Anyway, I’m here now so lets get down to the nitty-gritty. School has been going well, I have been participating in class and contributing amazing points which has been good not just as representing myself and Columbia in the school but also representing people of color. I was able to drop Regulation and Antitrust which is such a relief for me. This means I only have one 830 class on Thursday. I decided to accept the AltaGamma project. I am going to be an internal consultant for the group and hopefully make some string contacts within the organization. At the same time, I’m looking for other opportunities at Armani, Larusmiani, and Loro Piana. Wish me luck on that!

The most amazing thing happened on Wednesday. I met the only other black person in the school. She is an exchange student from UCLA Anderson, by the name of Charnae Morris. She knows everyone I know at UCLA, including Lucy Milligan, with whom I went to boarding school and Julianne Cuellar, with whom I worked at J.D. Power and Associates. She was also in Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) so you know we became family immediately. The other students in the school kinda don’t know what to do. She is assertive, funny, crazy, messy, intelligent, and beautiful. She has helped me integrate into the student body more. I even went out to an aperitivo last night and got to chill with many of my classmates. It was cute. She met a boy from Genova (Francesco) who she will probably hang out with tonight. Just to give you a sense of what these boys are giving; Nae and I were sitting down and these two guys sat down and started talking with us. Francesco feel in love with Charnae immediately and started talking that “you must come to genova with me” T, like only Italians can do. They are so charming its sick. She ended up walking around with him and kissing him, which is very reminiscent of my Tuesday night. I will tell t later in this post about that. Anyway, it turns out she has mad history with Italian boys, so she gets my T and I get hers!

I have set up a meeting tomorrow (Friday) with the head of career services to get my career life together here. I told myself that I would do career stuff every Sunday to center myself for the next week. I think this school will give me some inside contacts with Larusmiani, LVMH, and Adidas, which are all amazing companies. I also set up a meeting with my Luxury professor on Monday after class so he can give the heads up on the industry and I will ask him if he knows anyone who needs help with some project work. I think it will be a good meeting.

Now for the Men section of my blog, yes, the one you all really care about. I just want all my friends to know that my sisters and mom read this blog and give me major (fun) shade about my adventures. It is very funny. Sunday I met with Carlo, which was cute. He is an accountant a local bank here. We met near where I live and then went to Porta Venezia Park which was cute and crowded. He told me about Italian politics and I told him about American politics and Obama (in my eyes). Then he had to go get ready for dinner and I had to see Fabio dancing at the Duomo so, I had him drive me to Fabio, do you see how that works, and I how I had to make that work. When we arrived I went in the double kisses and he laid one on me. He was a great kisser but I started cracking up when it happened because I realized that I can’t go anywhere without kissing an Italian boy. In my head, I was thinking, ok, lets add another to the list! I then saw Fabio dance but he was tired so went home shortly after his performances. Monday I was suppose to have a date with Lorenzo, this cute shaved head 28 year old man. He stood me up though with the excuse that his work held him over and his cell was empty. I immediately cut him out of rotation. I don’t have time to waste! That night, I had Gelato with Francesco, someone I met online who is interested in friendship which is what I need right now. We chatted for a while after the gelato and then I went home, no kiss! Thank you lord. Francesco ended up making me an Italian dinner on Wednesday which was amazing, although he tried to go in for the kiss. I gave him a hug and he was on my neck. I pulled away calmly and said my byes. Tuesday I had coffee with a Maurizio and saw some Milanese art near the center of town. In the evening time, I had dinner with Adriano, a cute blue eyed dirty blonde boy. We had a pizza dinner and had a nice time. He walked me to the subway and proceed to kiss me in front of the subway stop. That was crazy and I had to stop since I don’t know the culture and area (Navigli) to be doing all that. He charmingly assured me that its fine and that he did it with his ex-bf all the time. I knew he was into me because he was just staring at me all during dinner. You know the stare; I WANT TO RAVAGE YOU stare. Maybe some of you don’t, no shade, but shade. Tonight is Thursday night and I am meeting a new guy, Pino for gelato right now. Tomorrow, I will meet Giancarlo at 4pm at my place to handle some business, you know the T and Adriano at 8pm at the Duomo. Should be an interesting day. I also had a Russian friend Gleb who is a cook and now living in Rome wanting to stay with me for the weekend since he had a three day weekend, but I had to tell him I was going to Switzerland. Gleb looks like my German ex Michael but he has a lot of tattoes and is very thick. He too wants to ravage me, girls! Anyway, earlier in the week I came to the realization that I was losing myself in all these men and I needed to calm down a bit. What you do you all think? Like Carrie said, “ the wedding got bigger than big” and for me “the men are getting bigger than Milan”.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment