Hey Guys,
It is funny how things work out. The last time I wrote you I was getting ready to go to a mixer where I was going to meet Bocconi Alumni at some companies I was interested in. Those companies were specifically Bain, Larusmiani, Adidas, and Luxottica. I was most looking forward to the VP from Larusmiani but he ended up never showing up, which was quite disappointing. The Bain guy left early and the guy from Adidas and the woman fro Luxottica were messy, unorganized, and kinda turned me off of the companies. I spoe with the career services director and she told me she would personally email him and give us the introduction I need to get the ball rolling.
The funny thing is that before leaving for the event, I got a call from Versace (in
Then I also got a touch back from the HR recruiter from Dolce and Gabbana. Although she said that they did not have any positions available, she informed me about a Retail Analyst position at Tom Ford, which I would be perfect for and she said she would forward my resume. What an amazing opportunity to work for him and the company. I feel fairly confident that I can get these positions, just because these positions have not been posted anywhere and I have a very good background. Although my Italian is not fluent fluent, it is proficient and can only get better as I work in an Italian working environment. I’m secret-ing the Tom Ford opportunity and secondarily secret-ing the Versace opportunity if the Tom Ford thing does not work out. I am fairly confident I will get at least one of these internships.
Other than that life has been focused on career and not men. Adriano cooked for me on Friday which scored major points with me, although I was still a tired sick mess. I then fell asleep as he cleaned up. Oh, we had pasta and liver. It was quite good! We handled the business but not all the way. I think next week will be the week it happens happens. I think he is getting real into me. We have a good relationship and talk ish to one another which is always fun and something I need. I spent the night with a Russian friend Gleb last night (Saturday). We handled most of the business but when it came to doing the dew, some members got soft. A little disappointing but what are you going to do. I think I need to call Alessandro to ‘hit the sides and work the middle’.
Anyway Monday is going to be clutch cause I am meeting with the current CEO of Ferragamo and the ex CEO of the Valentino Group. I also have a meeting with my other Luxury professor at 2pm. I have to be prepared for all of these meetings so tonight I will prepare for them. But only after Paolo and I have a gelato. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment