Hey Guys,
I’m sorry about the slight delay in posting but this week ha been a bit crazy. Monday was truly amazing. I met the CEO of Ferragamo, the ex-President of Valentino, and had a meeting with my well connected Luxury professor, Prof. Corbetta! After meeting with him, he proposed that I send him my resume and that he would forward it to some companies here (in particular Ferragamo and Zegna) in Milan for possible internship opportunities. Monday night I went out with fellow classmates to celebrate Marko’s birthday. Marko (Red Shirt) is a Croatian, MD, and has his own real estate company in the US. He is also a really great guy. Here are some pictures of the time we had. Charnae ended up making it work with Giovanni (see below) and I ended up sleeping over in Charnae’s bed instead of going all the way home. Needless to say, I felt like a hot mess the next day and even arrived late to class, which you all know I hate.
Tuesday I had aperitivo (or happy hour) with Adriano …. and his girlfriends. What does that mean, exactly? After meeting the friends, are we kinda official as boyfriend and boyfriend (however gay that sounds)? Anyway it was cool and I think his friends are fun and cute. 
Wednesday I only had one class so I caught up on some US tv which was nice. My shows I am watching are ANTM and Glee. I finished True Blood but must get back on my Heroes tip. Please let me know if I am missing anything! Also let me know when Brothers and Sisters and Private Practice come back on, cause those are my shows too. On Wednesday I had lunch with a tennis friend Ivan. His fav Williams sister is Venus while mine is “in your face” Serena. Ivan is a good tennis player and has helped me get into the gay tennis scene here in Milan.
Overall, this week I felt overwhelmed. Not only am I looking for an internship here but I am also starting to apply to full time positions so I am kinda feeling it! I had to take Thursday off to get back on track and also make sure Cluster Q , the LGBT MBA club that I’m President of, is getting taken care of. I met up with Charnae for a cappucio (or cappuccino) and then met up with Ivan to go to my first Milan fashion show Albino (See some pics). So much fun! I met the designer after the show ( and did the kisses and ‘nice show’ thing that fashionistas do, it was cute).


After the show I went over to Charnae’s hous since it was a block away and we had a gelato, walked around, and discussed our lives and careers. She convinced me that I should go for the consulting firm Bain here in Milan. Honestly I was a bit intimidated to apply but I feel very confident about my application and chances and I know that it would be great for my career. Friday, I mainly relaxed and went to Duomo and looked around Montenapoleone (the Rodeo Drive/ Fifth Avenue of Milan). I was invited to a fashion show tonight (Saturday) that I may go to. I also went to the gay center to register for the volleyball league. It is every Tuesday and Thursday from 845-11pm and should be fun. Friday night I was supposed to meet up with Roberto, but I have concluded that he is crazy and should be avoided so I decided not to go; he is in phase out mode. There are some people that are too excited to meet up. I don’t like that. Anyway, I miss all of you and hope things are well. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment