Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Net WORKING!

Saturday, I went to the Duomo / Montenapoleone to visit the Larusmiani Store in preparation for my visit with the company employees/Bocconi alumni on Thursday evening. I received some information and spoke with the sales person for about 15-20 minutes. During that time a large crowd gathered outside of the store. Apparently Silvio Berlusconi (the Italian President) was at the CafĂ© across the street. There was a funeral earlier that day for a famed TV personality (think Ed McMahon of Italy) that the President attended. Anyway, I thought that was very cool. As I was walking back, I got a lot of cruising action. I mean I was looking cute with a violet v-neck (btw violet and deep purples are very in this season), tight jeans, boots, and a cute skinny faux alligator skin bag. A lot of people here don’t understand black beauty. People continue to tell me (at least 6 times since I’ve been here) that I resemble Will Smith, which couldn’t be farther from the truth, but that is just how they categorize me. I’ll take it, I love when people give me star quality T.

Saturday night Alessandro picked me up and took me to Bergamo which is a smaller city about 40 km away from Milan. It was nice tog et out of the city fro a bit. It was nice because there is a high city, which is on top of a mountain. It seriously looks like the old country that Sophia would talk about on Golden Girls. I have attached some pics from the place. What I enjoy about Ale and Adriano is their non-fearing attitude toward the public. I mean, they don’t care who sees them holding the small of my back, or my side, or kissing me. It is kinda crazy but I like it. Needless to say, Ale was romantic the entire night as we walked through this city where we needed to take a trolley just to get up and down the place.After the “high city” trip we went to the one gay bar in Bergamo, where of course I got quite a bit of attention and where we were that couple making out in the bar, I know I know. I don’t have pics of Ale cause he is shy and hates pics. I will try to get one of him this week with a little more charm. After the bar, we went to my place and did the do. Seriously, yall, this man is a freak in the bedroom, and I love it! Also what I like abouthim, is that he knows how to work it. For all my bottom girls out there (and my real girls out there), yo know how you hook up with a guy and it hurts for like DAYZ! With him there is no pain afterward, just this dull sensation to remind me of how good it was! I’m gagging just writing this mess to you all.

Sunday I leisurely got up, yes honey, I said leisurely! I got some homework done and met up with Fabio. We went shopping and had a.. you guessed it Gelato. We just chilled and talked. I did not hook up with him. He did end up asking me if I was seeing other people and I told him yes, but I didn’t tell him that I was sleeping with them. At the end of the day, you have to position and set yourself up for success! Monday I went to luxury class and had a meeting with my luxury professor after class. He gave me some great advice about the Luxury industry, the future of the industry according to him, and how I should go to Paris for true luxury! He also said some very interesting things about how to get a job in fashion and luxury here in Italy. He told me its all about fit and personality (and of course knowing Italian). I have to get these people to live for me and they will hire me. My competencies don’t matter as much. That was quite eye opening, especially coming from the states and an mba program where it is all about the bottom line and your value-add! I didn’t push for his contacts. I will organize another meeting with him and then push for that. That night I hung out with Adriano. Most restaurants were closed on Monday night so we ended up going to McDonalds. We then watch Meet Joe Black on tv and hooked up (except for pene). I had my magnums ready but I didn’t think it was the time so I put them back in my underwear drawer for another time. He was very intrigued by my Magnum condoms. Apparently regular condoms are really uncomfortable for him. Tuesday I stayed home because I wasn’t feeling well. Monday the weather changed dramatically to raining, ugly, grey colder weather. I think I was bit weak because of the weather change. I used the day to send out emails to people in the industry and got some touch backs from Benetton, Boggi, Versace, and Tommy Hilfiger. It was nice just staying home and not being out and about. Today (Wednesday) I went back to school and had my luxury classes! They were great. We discussed the case about the family firm Ferragamo. We will be meeting the CEO on Monday. We will also be meeting the ex of Naomi Campbell and ex CEO of Valentino Group on Monday. My Family Firms professor has mad contacts and I organized a meeting with him on Monday to build a better rapport with him. We also had a consultancy Spencer Stuart talk about employment in the Fashion and Luxury Industries. They said that great C-level managers have the following profiles:

Consultants - 5 years

Multinational firms – 5-10 years

Then Family Firm

It was a very interesting take since my route is to start with a family firm then go to a multinational firm. I spoke with the presenter and got his card. I will follow-up tomorrow with him about some contacts that he has as well. I know that he was interested in me for some reason because throughout the presentation he basically only looked at me. It was quite noticeable. Tomorrow I have I meeting with some Bocconi Alumns about industry information and job possibilities. I am targeting the VP fro Larusmiani, a Marketing manager at Adidas, and a Partner at Bain, and an Advertising Specialist at Luxxotica (luxury eyewear). Please wish me luck tomorrow. This could be the beginning of it all! People as you can tell, the story this week is CONTACTS, CONTACTS, CONTACTS!

I also have dinner with my friend Freddy on Thursday night. Friday I have a meeting with my Field Project group and then in the nighttime, Adriano will be cooking for me so that should be cute.

Oh, on Monday I did my laundry. It costs about 7.5 Euros or about 10 bucks so I think I will be doing my laundry at adriano’s house from now on, hahaha. Also I am into “Nanny Show” that they have here. Its so different than in the States or Germany. Generally here, the mother is too crazed and overbearing and the husband does nothing. This makes the job of the nanny easy. It is still quite entertaining to watch. I am also starting to get involve with the gay volleyball and tennis groups here so that should be quite interesting and fun! I will keep you updated on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment