Sunday, November 29, 2009

Loved My USA Trip!

Hey Guys,
What a week in the States! It has been a really great trip. I was able to get my visa, see bschool friends, thacher (boarding school) friends, go out, see family, and get a little bit of shopping done in the meantime. Thanksgiving was great. My mom cooked a hell of a meal. I made my famous cheesecake and my aunts carrot cake recipe. After Thanksgiving dinner, I rested for a couple of hours and then we went to Brian’s (mom’s husband) moms house. His family is so nice, it always really great to see them. The day after Thanksgiving I flew back to NYC and stayed with Zoe. It is a true blessing to have friends (family) that will open their door for you whenever you need it. I am truly grateful. I picked up the Louis Vuitton boots that Marcus left for me in his locker. Thank you Marcus. They are a tad big but with winter socks, they will be fine! I worked them at the JFK Airport and had people gagging! Anyway, I had a chance to hang out with Yui and Zoe and get the update on everyone who came to their Thanksgiving dinner, which apparently was very memorable with lots of personalities.

Later that night I met up with my Puerto Rican friend Ray in the South Bronx. Remind me never to go up there again. The hook up was fine, although he wanted to chat chat chat afterward, WHAT A BORE! I finally get out of there at 12:30 and on the way to the bus stop (about two blocks away) two guys approached me and one pretend like he was going to hit me by putting his fists up and lancing toward me. I duck out of the way and keep on walking. They start laughing and then ask me to come back because they wanted to ask me something. I kept on walking scared for my life. I finally arrive to the bus stop where I had to wait 30 minutes in the middle of the Bronx. At the bus stop 3 younger latino guys come and sit on the bench nxt to me. I finally see the bus coming at a distance and a sense of relief comes over me. Suddenly 3 police cars surround me and the guys. The yell at us to put our hands up! I am like WHAT IS GOING ON! LORD JUST GET ME OUT OF HERE. Luckily one of the police officers tells me I can put my hands down. Apparently those guys had done some shady ish. I run into the street and flag the bus down and finally get on it. People remind me never to go to the Bronx again, thanks!

Get ready for some messy stories as a really good friend o mine Allegra comes to Milan to visit me and we go to Venice together this weekend! Should be fun but messy!

-Anwar

No comments:

Post a Comment