Hey Guys,
Sorry about the long pause and the cliffhanger but I just got to Ohio where I will be spending Thanksgiving with my Mom. So this past Monday I went to the Italian Consulate completely nervous, not knowing what would happened. I texted my lil sister and she gave me the words of encouragement that I needed. She texted me, "POWER!" This was something my mom would say to her or me when we were in sporting events and everything was going wrong. My mother would put her fist up in the air and shake it while mouthing the words POWER to us. Anyway, that was all I needed to relax. I went in and of course the Italian Consulate was being shady to people; requesting that people come back 2 weeks to a month after the date with certain documents. I finally came up to the counter and charmed them by speaking nothing but Italian and telling the women that they were beautiful and complimenting them on their outfits and accessories. It ended up being a great strategy because they were living for me speaking Italian and me in general. They accepted my paperwork even though I was missing some transcripts. What was also amazing was that they turned my visa around so quickly (Thursday). It was truly amazing. It makes me think that this opportunity was totally meant to be. For me, it was one of those moments that you know will change your life direction. I'm very excited and can't wait to start (and put it on my resume). The rest of this week was full of ups and downs. The up was definitely my lgbt alumni mixer on wednesday and down was the lack of hooking up with the puerto rican afterward. Thursday ups were prospective students day, picking up my visa, and the lgbt pre-happy hour and the down was finding out that a boarding school classmate had committed suicide. I flew to Ohio to visit with Mom and spend time with her. She was so huge in making this visa thing happen. I am so happy to be here relaxing and kicking back. The weather is not so bad and things are going well thus far. Talk to you all later.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment