Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Milan to NYC, What a Fashion International Traveler

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry I haven't posted recently. Life has been a whirlwind (in a good way)! Let me think when I last left you all. I broke up with Roberto which was something I was wanting deep down inside so that I could 'do my own thang'. Sunday night I hooked up with Willy, hot football sized MANZO. It was a hot time. Anyway, I flew to NYC last Monday which went very smoothly. I went straight to my friend Zoe's house where her top lock was locked so we couldn't get into the house. It was hilarious! We tried numerous things including trying to get up the fire escape. Thats where we met the super and he was able to unlock it for us. I then napped for an hour and had Japanese food with Yui and we were able to catch up. Wednesday was Veterans Day which sucked cause I wanted to get bank documents and notarization but the banks were closed. I was still able to get other Columbia University documents so it wasn't too bad. I had lunch with Marcus, Reeve, and Chad (some guys from business school) and it was really cool. I had truly missed Columbia and all my friends there. Thursday I woke up very early to try to get my behind to the Italian Consulate to see if they could sneak me in. Unfortunately, they didn't even let me in the building without an appointment. I was a tad disheartened but decided to move forward with new documents so that they could not deny me when I actually have my official appointment. I spent the rest of Thursday getting more documentation and meeting up with close b-school friends like Garen. Friday, I did some more errand running and then had lunch with Kesha. She is a crazy girl but we vibe for some reason. I think we have a mutual respect because we are both hustlers at the end of the day. I went to bed early on Friday cause I was so tired from the previous week. Saturday morning I had breakfast with Ramadan, then I went shopping. Sunday, I had brunch with Marcus, met with one my my executive board members for Cluster Q (the LGBT club on campus) and then had dinner with my learning team (the group of people I did all my homework with my first year at business school). After that, I went out to GLounge, with my friend Rick, which was so much fun. There is truly no place like NYC. I am convinced of it now.
My next post will tell you all about my experience at the Italian Consulate yesterday (Monday 11/16).

-Anwar

No comments:

Post a Comment