Hey Everyone,
I hope everyone is well. I have had a great first 2 days of school. There are about 30 students in my class. I am taking the Strategy and Innovation concentration. So far I have had the following classes:
Luxury in Italy
Family Firms in Italian Luxury Firms
Corporate Political Strategies
Strategic Design of a Multinational Firm
You all already know that I have loved the luxury classes. My classmates are so international. I have spoken Italian, Spanish, English, German, and a bit of Turkish everyday. It has been great. My classmates have been very nice. The weather continues to be perfect here so I can't help but be happy. The apartment is working out well and I will post pics this weekend probably.
The homework is starting this Friday. SDA Bocconi seems to be a party school. They go out together about 4-5 ties a week for happy hours or aperitivos that usually last from 5 to 10pm. Everyone usually has lunch after classes at 1:30. They seem to be a close bunch. I am glad there are lots of exchange students. I would say there are 20 exchange students out of the 100 people in the program. My meeting with the Masters in Fashion Director has been moved up to Friday. She will give me the low down on the project then but she told me on the phone today that the internship will last until December which is also exciting. She already warned me about a meeting with Altagamma (http://www.altagamma.it/) on Monday, which is the LUXURY association in Italy. All the luxury brands belong to this association. I will keep updated on the company and work I will be doing.
Now for the social life....
I met up with a friend of mine after school by the name of Ivan. He is a doctor here in Milano and has eyes to die for. We had coffee and then I just went home. Nothing happened! Haahaha. On Tuesday I met up with a friend I had been chatting with for while, Paolo. He just came back from Turkey and we had a cold coffee after my classes. He and I will probably have dinner on either Thursday or Friday night. Tuesday night I had a walk and an ice cream with another friend of mine, Piero, who I met when I got here. When ended up making out when I got back to my place. It was cute and he was way into to me. I will you all posted on what comes of it.
I have told myself when I am here that I, like Jim Carrey, will be a YES man. To all of those things I would usually say no to while in the US, I will say yes too(except to country music, no shade, I just can't do it).
Until Next Time,
Ciao,
Anwar
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The classes sound amazing!! The whole experience sounds amazing. I like you being a yes man, too - so many possibilities out there to conquer...and men :)
ReplyDelete