Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Messy Week

Hey Guys,

I hope things are good. I had an interesting week. So on Thursday at work we went through the entire collection and my boss, the General Manager went through every detail of every piece. It was interesting but very tiring (to say the least). I then met up with Samuel for a date. We had coffee and chatted a bit and then we went our separate ways. It was a good convo but since I am leaving I don't know what will happen. I then went home and proceeded to do internet research on Louis Viutton and Career Paths of MBAs. I still don't how I feel about working in stores but we will see. Maybe I can bypass it someway. Friday was hectic but good. We still had a mini training in the morning and I had my lunch date with Luigi. We went to this chic restaurant on top of La Rinascente, the department store in Italy. I then rushed my behind to meet with the VP of Larusmiani (a mens lux apparel and textile company) here in Milan. The meeting went really well. It was really an informal conversation (all in Italian of course). He showed me around and nonchallantly offered me a position as a general product manager for all three (mens, womens, childrens) lines. We will see if that pans out. The Italians say a lot of things, but who knows if it really means anything. After that I went back to the office for a little bit and then went home. I had a chat with a current LVMH store manager here in Italy and he was saying that I should play hard ball with the HR Director since she will probably never see a profile like mine. I thanked him and felt more confident about the situation. After that Jerry came over and then we went out for drinks at L'elephante. Saturday I was a mess and didn't do anything but stay home, I had a headache like all day. Saturday night we went to Magazzini where I saw the infamous Clark Kent. He basically stalked me all around the club for 2 hours. We ended up making out (and making it work) on the dance floor. I go to the bathroom with Jerry and he is int he corner kissing another guy! You gotta love the Italians (and I do)! Sunday I was a complete mess and stayed home all day. I got speak with my sister in Memphis and my friend Ryan in LA so it wasn't too much of a waste of a day. We then went to two clubs last night. The first was an opening called Circus but it was too young and lame so we went to Borgo where we (Jerry and I) worked it out for the boys. It was a cute night. Jerry's roommate picked us and took us home. Today (Monday) and Tuesday I don't have work cause it is a press day in the showroom. I went to the Etro Show today was which nothing less than Inspiration. The theme was inside out centered around the animal OWL. This peaceful being on the outside but a beast on the inside. It was so cute. I will post my video sometime this week/weekend. Jerry and I are going to Rome this week since it is my last full weekend in Italy for a while. It should be a lot of fun.

Take care y'all!

-Anwar

No comments:

Post a Comment