Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am mess but interviewing with LVMH

Hey Guys,
I hope this blog posting finds everyone well. This weekend was nice and chill. Actually I was kind of a mess! Friday after work, I came home, went grocery shopping because I was in desperate need of some food (and toilet paper) and just watch TV and some movies until 2-3am. I then woke up because I was meeting with Andrea (Mr. Obsessed with me) at 11am. I feverishly cleaned my apartment for an hour and took a shower. I made coffee and he brought some pastries and we had a nice brunch/late breakfast. It turns out he lived in Germany for 10 years and worked as a Hotel Manager there, and of all places Hamburg! Ufff, I am not a fan of Hamburg but it was nice chatting German with him for a while. I had to remind him that I needed to practice my Italian so we had to speak in Italian. After breakfast we chilled on my sofa and chatted for a while before he started giving me a massage and…. Let’s just say no pene, but it was hot and he was packin a bit so I wasn’t mad at him. We took a shower afterward and he peaced out. I then went to the Internet store to reload my Internet and ran into three hot models from England. THE MALE MODELS ARE IN TOWN! GET INTO IT! After that I went to my school since it is only a couple of blocks away from my Internet store. I got some candy, got a doner kebab, and did my internet thing for a while before coming home to get ready for my date with Simone at 8pm. The date went well although Simone was acting weird. The pizza was amazing as usual and we had a good conversation. I paid for it since I felt bad about the last time we went out. He drove me home and he kissed me on the cheek and went home. He was apparently tired and had an early morning the next morning. I was over it at that point and realized he wasn’t feeling me like he should so he has been pretty much cut off. Saturday night I passed out on my couch again watching some foolish Italian movie. Messy! Sunday I woke up early and went to this swap meet that they have outside of town. I bought two dvds (The Thomas Crown Affair and Cocoons). These were just for language learning purposes. I still have to get 3 Can Play That Game and some other movies so I have consistent listening comprehension material when I return (which is less that three weeks away). I was seriously on the Internet for like 8 hours on Sunday, chatting, skyping, facebooking, emailing, researching, you name it I did it. I didn’t go to bed until like 3-4 in the morning. I was such a mess Monday morning I called in sick.
I then used Monday to do my interview research for LVMH at my school and got another doner kebab! I called in sick again Tuesday for the actual interview, which went well. The funny thing is I think I actually needed the day off. After the interview I passed out for four hours. Can you say mess or messy? I can! I ended up chatting with 3 people from my high school. One who is in Paris who had dinner with someone who knew me. Random much! It was actually a shady gay guy from L’Oreal who is apparently sick of working for L’Oreal. I told her to give him my contact information and I will see if I can help him in anyway. It is called paying it forward people, get into it. I then spoke with a closer friend from high school who is in medical school in Australia and loving it. It was great to catch up with her. I then spoke with one of my few close straight male friends and he actually proposed a very interesting idea/project that I am currently fleshing out and am very excited about. We will see how it goes, but let’s just say it is cool, promising, and has gotten my attention, which takes a miracle! I am considering writing a business plan and submitting it to a program at Columbia Business School.
Anyway, more about the interview. It was in Italian, which was kind of shocking because I practiced my story and answers in English but right when she met me she asked if I spoke Italian and I said yes so if was off to the races from there. She mostly asked me about my educational background and my stints at Tom Ford and Versace. She was very enthusiastic about my profile but thought that starting the process now would be too early since I was looking to start in September (summer in Paris solidifying my French skills), so I clarified that I could start in May and that I feared that if we started the process earlier I would have offer at different companies that I probably would not feel comfortable giving up just to start the LVMH process which may or may not yield anything. She agreed so we will continue the process. She told me that she will contact me in a couple of weeks when some managers from the Paris HQ come to interview candidates. After doing my research about the company, I was excited to hear about the responsibility promised in such a short amount of time. The negative (which I’m told is a positive) is that the MBA management program requires that you work in stores for 12-18 months. I think I could be a sales manager for about 6 months and then become a store manager for a year before moving on to a General/Country Manager position and 3-5 years from that become a Managing Director of a region. I told her about my plan and she thought I was overly ambitious. That is not the first time I have heard this in Italy. Such positions take people 20 years to achieve. It is a difference in culture. I mean the men live with their parents until age 30-35, are you kidding me? I’m not the one, especially being out of the house at age 14 and having lived my life. Ohhhh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I wore some fake artsy fartsy glasses to the interview and she complimented me on them, I was giving sick Tom Ford look T. She asked me what brands I loved and would wear and I told her TOM FORD and some pieces of Dolce and Gabbana. I think the glasses made me look smarter, older, and more of an aesthete (sp?). Anyway, I have a meeting with a guy at Larusmiani on Friday at 2:30 to discuss the business and possible future opportunities. We will see how that goes. I have a date tonight after work and a date Thursday after work and a lunch date on Friday. I get over guys (Simone, Roberto) quite quickly, as you can see. I might call Andrea for another “session”. Okay now I’m talking out of the side of my head. That usually means I should stop typing. Ciao.

-Anwar

No comments:

Post a Comment