Hey Guys,
What a nice weekend but I am seriously paying for it right now… the dreaded Monday morning. After sleeping for 3 hours on Friday night, I got all my studying (Italian) done and finally got caught on Anki, a Flashcard Sequential Repetition System (SRS). This is a true accomplishment because I had been behind in my studies for about 4-5 months. It has been a great way to get my year started. I have also changed the way I study the cards which has dramatically improved my speaking skills. I am confident that if I continue with this method while back in New York, I will be alright and even improve. Friday evening I stayed at Jerry’s house because I had to get some business taken care of on the internet and I haven’t been able to go to the store to reload my monthly promotion subscription. I woke up Saturday morning around 9am and went straight to the stores. Milan was having its annual Saldis (sales) and I lost my mind. I was so happy I was running to the stores. So not cute but like a kid in a candy store, I couldn’t help myself.
I got:
2 Jackets
1 Tie
1 Little Bag (for toiletries)
1 Sarueli (Hammer) pants
1 Pair of Glass
2 Knit Sweaters
1 Black Shirt
I think that’s it.
Anyway, Saturday I got my study on again. I am on a roll! Without work the last couple of days, I was able to really dig deep and get into the language. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I was looking for movies (subtitled in the languages I will know) and the only one with multiple languages (Italian, French, Spanish) was (drum roll, please)…….. Three Can Play That Game! The sequel to Vivica A Fox’s Two Can Play That Game (shout out to Ryan Aceto). I didn’t get but I think I will have to before I go back to NYC. Saturday night I stayed home and watch lots of TV (and passed out on the couch). How messy, I know. I also had the nerve to text my ex Roberto and send him holiday wishes. Of course he called me right after and proceeded to tell me that we can be friends but never boyfriends (that I’m a disaster as a bf, and that I really hurt him). I was unaware that I ever hurt him. Anyway he texted me the next morning (Sunday) and wanted to hang out and so we did. I accompanied him while he went shopping. I think he has some kind of sugar daddy cause he spent quite a bit of money, close to $250. For someone that is unemployed, that is a lot of money. We had a good time and I can honestly say that I missed his friendship and speaking Italian with him. It was hanging out with him that I realized that I can speak Italian without a problem. It eased my insecurities about my language skills and made me realize that I have really come a long way. Thank you Lord for the strength and determination. We vowed to hang out with one another more often which for me is exciting and another friend in the city (and not just someone who wants to jump my bones). I then came home, snacked on some chips and watched the movie PRIMA with Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep. Great movie. I watched it in Italian with English subtitles, which from my research is the most efficient way to learn how to comprehend the language (even more so than reading target language subtitles while listening to target language audio). That was surprising to me, as well. Oh you guys don’t care… ok, I will move on. After the movie Jerry and I went to Il Borgo. It is always a mess there and the men were hungrier than they normally are. =)
We had a good time of course, met a guy from Brazil and another one from London that we hung out with most of the night. Got a ride home from my friend (kissing buddy) Ivan, and passed out. Another Monday with 2 hours of sleep, mamma mia! Since I will be leaving soon, I have to maximize my time here, so why not?
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment