Monday, January 25, 2010

Last Week in Milan!

Wow, how time flies when you are doing lots of Italian guys and making it work in Milan. I am currently trying to get my life together which includes packing, finishing some interviews and saying bye to some friends I've made here. Last week I ditched work on Wednesday because I am completely over and not really doing anything anymore. Tom Ford is long gone back to London and there is really nothing for me to do. Last Thursday I had a meeting with the US Country Manager at Yoox.com which went really well. The position sounds great. The only thing is that it is in NYC and I really wanted to be in Europe post-MBA. I will continue witht he process which includes meeting with the Global Commercial Director and the HR Director (who is a Columbia Alum) this Thursday. Meeting with Columbia Alums are always a bit scary because you want to represent the brand well and they are generally a bit harder on you because they know that CBS is one of the best! That should be interesting. I'm hoping that it won't be all in Italian, so I can really impress them. Anyway we will see. I also just followed up with LVMH Italia. It sounds like they really want me to start in retail. I will move forward with them just to see where it goes. I was supposed to go to Rome this weekend with my friend Jerry but he pulled out at the last minute so I canceled it as well. I also relaxed my hair.

Something is going on with me uploading the relaxed hair pics but please believe it is cute and I am making it work. I always have to make the Italians gag! Anyway, I can't wait to get back to the states. I definitely need a break from Italy and more specifically Milan. The weather is horrible and the people are rude, nasty, and cold. The "break" will do me good I think. Some of these CBS classes are already demanding massive amounts of homework, which I am not a fan of! Ok, I am starving and have to watch my last Italian big brother GRANDE FRATELLO! Oh how I will miss this show. I will see you all very soon.

-Anwar

No comments:

Post a Comment